Friday, August 18, 2023

I almost lost my phone

Just the other day I experienced a temporary loss. 

I spent a couple of days in the woods: an afternoon by a creek, a night in a cabin, an early morning walk by a river, a hike. I took a lot of pictures. Just before departing for the city, my phone mysteriously disappeared. I lamented the loss of the photos more than the devices/phone itself. 

But why? I'd had the firsthand experience. I was there soaking in the scenery. Why did I need "evidence"? For instagram/FB?? Absurd in hindsight but nevertheless I was bummed. The joy of the trip somehow muted. 

I returned to the spot where I last remembered having my phone in hand but it wasn't there. In fact, I'd had it the whole time. It was wedged between my seat and the center console but somehow missed it when I rummaged through the car earlier in sorta frantic search. 

The experiences matter, not the pictures. They don't even capture the feeling. They don't really "take me back". Weird. 

((( yep, I posted many to social media. Got a new profile pic 🤦🏻‍♂️)))

No comments:

Post a Comment