Monday, September 21, 2020

Poor air quality is back


Portland's ranking has been a yo-yo. We were #1 last week, then over the weekend we'd dropped to #67 or something way down on the Top 100. Welp, we're back to #6. 

There is a fire north of Carson, WA, northeast of Bridge of the Gods in Cascade Locks, OR and the wind is blowing in a southerly direction and blowing the wildfire smoke back into the Willamette valley.

Sigh. I have furnace/AC filters on the way for a Thursday delivery. The box fan for the DIY air filter should be arriving today sometime, fingers crossed. I have some KN95 masks and my painting/sanding respirator. I'm prepared, practically speaking, but the feeling of being stranded indoors is emotionally difficult. 

The one remedy for the stresses of the pandemic is getting outside and immersing myself in nature. Now that's not currently possible and we are at the beginning of a long fire season.

Time to tape up the doors again. Fuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment